Nelson County, VA
A few days ago we placed an unscientific poll up here at BRL to see what people generally though about a plan by some petitioners to reduce the speed limit to 45 MPH all along Route 151 through the Rockfish Valley from Route 250 south to Route 664. 664 is the road that runs to Wintergreen Resort.
Though unscientific the poll does yield some insight into how people might be leaning.
WSET.com – ABC13
Thursday afternoon WSET ABC-13 out of Lynchburg was in Nelson shooting a story about the proposal which is being spearheaded by Peter Agelasto who lives on Route 151 just north of the Route 664 intersection. Click above to view that story.
Specifically 53.43% of the respondents said no in our poll while 42.6% said yes to a reduction in the speed limit. 2.89% were undecided and 1.08% has other views.3 respondents had other ideas about the speed reduction plan. Click on image above to view those comments.
Peter Agelasto says he hopes to have the petitions filled with signatures by the first of the year. He’ll then present them to the VA legislature for action.
- Online Poll: Lowering Route 151 Speed Totally To 45 MPH In Rockfish Valley?
- Nelson: Petitioners Want Consistent 45 MPH Speed Limit – From Rockfish Gap Down 151 – 35 MPH In Nellysford
- Nelson BOS Votes To Lower Speed Limit On Other Parts of Route 151
- Speed Reminder Goes Up Along 151 in New 45 MPH Zone : Vote In Online Survey!
- Speed Limit Change Takes Effect On Other Parts of Route 151