Nelson County, VA
The first completed Flora of Virginia since John Clayton’s work in the 1700′s was officially released this past Sunday – December 9, 2012 during a ceremony at The Wintergreen Nature Foundation in Nelson County. A flora is a reference book that describes the plants of a region and aids in their identification. In this case, all of Virginia.
“This has been a 12 year project and it is the first completed Flora of the Commonwealth since John Clayton’s work in the 1700’s. TWNF and its Science Advisory Committee have been cheer leading and supporting this effort since its inception. It’s a 1,500 page Flora,” said Doug Coleman, Executive Director of TWNF.Guests attended the Flora of Virginia Premiere on 12/09/12 at The Wintergreen Nature Foundation in NelsonCounty, VA. Johnny Townsend (Flora of Virginia author co-author) and Laura Gastinger (Flora Virginia illustrator) at the Flora of Virginia Premiere on 12/09/12 at The Wintergreen Nature Foundation in Nelson County, VA
- Wintergreen Nature Foundation Wildflower Symposium 2012
- Wintergreen Nature Foundation Wildflower Symposium 2010 : 5.16.10
- Wildflower Symposium At Wintergreen Nature Foundation
- Wintergreen Nature Foundation : Fall Foliage Festival Saturday 10-18-08
- Evening In The Amazon : Wintergreen Nature Foundation : January 23, 2009