East Nelson County, VA
Via Virginia State Police – Richmond, VA Media Relations:
Virginia State Police are investigating a single crash that claimed the life of a motorcyclist Saturday, Nov. 10, 2012, at approximately 2:36 p.m. Trooper J.C. Wagner was called to the scene of Route 56 about 1.5 miles east of Route 626 in Nelson County.
A 2011 Suzuki 750CC motorcycle was traveling on Route 56 when the driver ran off the road in a curve, proceeded through a fence and struck a tree.
The motorcycle operator, Brian S. Brooks, 34, of Troy, Va., died at the scene. He was wearing his safety helmet.
Speed is considered a factor in the crash. Alcohol is not involved.
- Authorities Investigating Fatal 3 Car Crash in Colleen – Updated 4.3.12
- Nelson Commonwealth Attorney Martin Releases Charges In Fatal 151 Crash
- Traffic Accident Shuts Down 151 Near Brents Gap – Update 10.14.12 – 8:40PM
- Greenfield – VA State Police back on scene of fatal 151 accident
- Virginia State Police Confiscates 5000+ Nelson Pot Plants