Nelson County, VA
Tommy’s been telling you about approaching hurricane Sandy for the past few days. Though the biggest concern will be for those along the Eastern Seaboard and points north and east. The Central Virginia area may see a prolonged period of high winds, widespread power outages, and moderate to heavy rains. The highest of winds would obviously be in the mountains.
A High Wind Warning was already issued for Monday and Tuesday as of Sunday morning.
Tommy is constantly following the storm now and will increase updates as Sandy gets closer. The Blue Ridge area should see the biggest impact on Monday into Tuesday as the storm is closest then slowly shifting north.
Te absolute best way to keep up with constant updates is on our Twitter feed. Second best, Facebook, and of course the latest warnings and updates are posted to your right on this page, scroll to Weather Bulletins.
- Watching Hurricane Sandy For Potential Effects On Virginia
- High Wind Warning – CANCELED
- Winter Storm Developing For Nelson & Central Virginia : Updated 10:03 PM Sat Night
- Virginia Blue Ridge Railway Trail Opened Additional Section On Tuesday
- A Blue Ridge Christmas – The Virginia Consort