Brents Gap / Roseland
Nelson County, VA
Updated 8:40pm – 10.14.12
From The Virginia State Police – Richmond:
Virginia State Police Trooper J.C. Wagner responded to a single-vehicle crash Saturday (Oct. 13) in Nelson County. The crash occurred at 1:43 p.m. on Route 151, less than a mile south of Route 628.
A 1997 Honda CMX-250 motorcycle was traveling along Route 151 when it entered a sharp curve and ran off the left side of the road. The driver, Elias H. Jones, 17, of Pamplin, was thrown from the motorcycle. Jones died at the scene. He was wearing a helmet. The crash remains under investigation.
Authorities have confirmed to NCL the motorcycle accident is a fatality.
Mid afternoon Saturday authorities continue working a major accident involving a motorcycle crash near Brents Gap on Route 151 south of Route 664.
Nelson Sheriff Brooks said he believes the accident is a fatality.
The roadway was shutdown several hours while the accident was worked. It was completely reopened by 5:30pm.
- Afton: Accident At Route 151 & Tanbark Dr. Intersection Leaves One Dead Updated 7.23.12 5PM
- Sunday Afternoon Crashes Slow Traffic In Central & Northern Nelson
- Second Person Dies From Sunday Traffic Accident On Route 151 in Afton
- Staunton Man Dies In Auto Accident Along Route 151 : Update 1PM
- Authorities Investigating Fatal 3 Car Crash in Colleen – Updated 4.3.12