Afton / Lovingston
Nelson County, Virginia
Nelson County’s Commonwealth Attorney Anthony Martin and Nelson Sheriff David Brooks both confirm to NCL that 25 year old Aaron Messer, the one time Rockfish Valley Community Center manager earlier this year, has been jailed on numerous felony charges. It surrounds an investigation into what they say are occurrences happening while he was center manager. “I can’t give out specific details. The charges stemmed from 3 unauthorized checks cashed by Messer totaling approximately $2,500.00. He is currently being held without bond on 3 felony forgery charges; 3 felony uttering charges; and 1 charge of embezzlement relating to the total of the 3 checks,” said Nelson County CA Anthony Martin.
In a Friday conversation with Nelson Sheriff Brooks, he confirmed that his agency was part of an investigation into possible illegal activities by Messer while he was the interim center manager at RVCC. “We conducted an investigation into the activities there and Mr. Messer was eventually charged and jailed. A request for bond was denied at a recent court hearing,” Sheriff Brooks said.
According to the RVCC website, Messer was one of the initial people to help found the center in the late 90′s – Messer was appointed center manager earlier this year by the RVCC board of directors after long standing manager Bo Holland left that position for other employment.
CA Martin says Messer’s preliminary hearing will be in General District Court on August 22nd at 10:00 a.m.
- Nellysford Man Indicted On Child Pornography Charges By Nelson County Grand Jury
- Nelson County Official Formally Charged : Resumes Duties : Updated 12.21.11 @ 1:45PM EST
- Former Nelson Deputy Sheriff Sentenced in Circuit Court : Updated 6.21.12
- Virginia Beach Man Sentenced In Wintergreen Ski Lift Ticket Scheme
- Nelson County Deputy Arrested & Fired : Remains In Jail : Updated – 1.5.12