Nelson County, Virginia
Below is a verbatim press release issued by the Virginia State Police:
NELSON COUNTY, Va. – Marijuana eradication efforts are well underway across the Commonwealth this summer. On Tuesday, Aug. 2, Virginia State Police with the assistance of Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) agents seized approximately 5,400 marijuana plants within Nelson County.
The day began with the discovery of a significant crop of marijuana in the Schuyler area of the county. Investigators confiscated 5,204 marijuana plants from an isolated, wooded location.
Later in the day, throughout the county, multiple smaller plots were located and a couple hundred more plants were removed by police.
Arrests are pending as the investigation into each plot continues at this time.
These operations are part of the Governor’s Initiative Against Narcotics Trafficking (G.I.A.N.T.), a collaborative effort among state agencies to eradicate marijuana production and distribution within the Commonwealth.
Anyone with information on any of the plots discovered today or anyone who would like to report a marijuana plot is encouraged to contact the Virginia State Police Appomattox Division toll-free at 1-800-552-0962.
- State Police Dive Teams Search Quarries Near Schuyler : 9.25.09
- Sheriff & State Authorities Make Pot Bust In Southern Nelson : 9.1.09
- Greenfield – VA State Police back on scene of fatal 151 accident
- Landscaping with Native Plants in the Valley presented by The Wintergreen Nature Foundation
- State Champions! Nelson Lady Govs Take State Volleyball Title : Congrats!