Los Angeles, California
For roughly two years fans of The Waltons have not been able to view the highly popular series in reruns. The long running CBS television series was created by Nelson County, Virginia native, Earl Hamner, Jr. who was born and raised in Schuyler. The show was loosely based on his childhood in the Eastern Nelson County community. On October 18th a special reunion featuring many of the original cast members will air on a new cable television network called, INSP, short for Inspiration. The special television reunion will air at 7PM EDT followed at 8PM by the very first episode of The Waltons. According to a promotion placed on YouTube, reruns will then air on the network.
The above video is a behind the scenes look at the filming of the special Waltons Reunion that will air October 18th on INSP.
Unfortunately, according to INSP’s cable system finder, the television network is not currently available in the Nellysford 22958 / or Lovingston 22949 zip on cable or in the 22902 zip for Charlottesville, but does show available on DirecTV Channel 364 and DishTV Channel 259.
- Follow Nelson’s Earl Hamner On His Website : 5.5.09
- John Boy Comes Home : Hamner At The Hamner Thursday Night : 11.6.09
- Nelson’s Earl Hamner Turns 86 Today! Happy 86th Earl! : 7.10.09
- Earl Hamner Returns Home To Nelson In November : 10.21.09
- Earl Hamner : Happy 84th Birthday Today!
Category: Top Story