Nelson County, Virginia
Updated 10:35 PM EDT
Nelson County Sheriff David Brooks confirms to NCL late Wednesday night that his department’s investigation into the crime scene on Dark Hollow Lane was a murder / suicide. “This was a very tragic scene involving a husband and wife,” Sheriff Brooks said. The sheriff said an autopsy will be performed on Thursday, but it appears a clear cut murder suicide with a handgun.
Details and identities will be officially released at a later time as the investigation continues.
Earlier post from initial information @ 5:15 PM EDT:
Nelson County Sheriff, David Brooks, along with deputies and investigators are currently working a scene on Dark Hollow Lane in Southern Nelson County just outside of Roseland.
Information is very preliminary as of this post, but Nelson Sheriff David Brooks has confirmed to NCL that the initial call to police “involved a gun and 2 people down.” NCL observed two rescue units, one from Wintergreen and the another from Roseland, make the scene, but left minutes later when it became apparent that deputies would be working the scene for several hours to come.
The call was received by deputies just before 5PM Wednesday evening.
At this time, it is not believed that any danger is posed to anyone and that everything has been contained at the scene.
We will update this story as soon as we have additional solid information.
- UPDATE : VSP Crime Scene Unit On Scene Of Suspicious Death In Afton : 5.6.09 : 11:00 PM EDT
- Update : Nelson County Sheriff Finds More Evidence In Opal Page Murder : 5.12.09 : 2:45 PM EDT
- UPDATE : BREAKING : Sheriff Releases Car Description In Suspicious Death Case : 5.6.09 – 10:14 PM EDT
- Nelson Sheriff Releases Possible Suspect Info In Opal Page Murder : 5.8.09 : 12:20 PM EDT
- Nelson County High School : ALL CLEAR : Nothing Found : Update @ 2:15PM EDT