Nelson County, Virginia
©2009 NCL Magazine
As we have been updating most of Wednesday evening, local and state authorities are on the scene of a suspicious death at 7275 Rockfish Valley Highway in Afton, Virginia. That’s just north of the Greenfield Community in Nelson County. Earlier police released a description of a dark green Chevy Malibu they are on the lookout for. The car belonged to Opal Page who NCL can now confirm is the 73 year old woman found dead by a neighbor late Wednesday evening. Authorities notified the next of kin earlier Wednesday night.
Though authorities will not discuss the exact details of the cause of death, Nelson Sheriff David Brooks tells NCL the circumstances are suspicious, coupled with the fact Mrs. Page’s 1998 Malibu appears to be stolen.
- BREAKING – URGENT ! – Investigation Underway Tonight In Suspicious Death Of Afton Woman 5.6.09 : 9PM EDT
- UPDATE : BREAKING : Sheriff Releases Car Description In Suspicious Death Case : 5.6.09 – 10:14 PM EDT
- Major Accident On Top of Afton Mountain I-64 : Scene Cleared : All Lanes Open :UPDATED
- Afton: Fatal Wreck Tuesday Night : Route 151 @ Tanbark near Afton Service Center
- Breaking : Afton Mountain : Serious motor vehicle accident