Email This Post Email This Post Print This Post Print This Post

UPDATE : VSP Crime Scene Unit On Scene Of Suspicious Death In Afton : 5.6.09 : 11:00 PM EDT

[ 12 ] May 6, 2009 | Tommy
©2009 NCL Magazine : Photos By Tommy Stafford : Virginia State Police crime scene officers get ready to inspect the scene Wednesday night at the home of Opal Page in Afton, Virginia.

Afton
Nelson County, Virginia
©2009 NCL Magazine

As we have been updating most of Wednesday evening, local and state authorities are on the scene of a suspicious death at 7275 Rockfish Valley Highway in Afton, Virginia. That’s just north of the Greenfield Community in Nelson County. Earlier police released a description of a dark green Chevy Malibu they are on the lookout for. The car belonged to Opal Page who NCL can now confirm is the 73 year old woman found dead by a neighbor late Wednesday evening. Authorities notified the next of kin earlier Wednesday night.

©2009 NCL Magazine : Crime scene tape stretches around the home of Opal Page on Rockfish Valley Highway in Afton, Virginia late Wednesday night.

Though authorities will not discuss the exact details of the cause of death, Nelson Sheriff David Brooks tells NCL the circumstances are suspicious, coupled with the fact Mrs. Page’s 1998 Malibu appears to be stolen.

Related posts:

1. BREAKING – URGENT ! – Investigation Underway Tonight In Suspicious Death Of Afton Woman 5.6.09 : 9PM EDT
  2. UPDATE : BREAKING : Sheriff Releases Car Description In Suspicious Death Case : 5.6.09 – 10:14 PM EDT
  3. Major Accident On Top of Afton Mountain I-64 : Scene Cleared : All Lanes Open :UPDATED
  4. Afton: Fatal Wreck Tuesday Night : Route 151 @ Tanbark near Afton Service Center
  5. Breaking : Afton Mountain : Serious motor vehicle accident

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Category: News

About Tommy: View author profile.

Comments (12)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. Jeff & Tamara Stone says:

We are so saddened by this news. Such a terrible tragedy. Our hearts go out to the Page and Parr families. Mrs Opal Page was loved by so many and the community will miss her terribly.

2. Linda Roberts says:

When my children were young they had the blessing of knowing Mrs. Page at (the old) Rockfish Elementary School. We all recall her as a cheerful, friendly addition to the staff there. She will be missed in our community.

3. Caitlin Kennedy says:

I had the pleasure of attending elementary school while Mrs. Page worked there. I am truly heartbroken to know something like this happened to a lady who wouldn’t dream of hurting a soul. She had a heart of gold. My prayers go out to her family and friends. I will miss her so much.

4. Sara McGann says:

This is such a tragedy. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Page family.

5. NATASHA ROBERTS- HALL says:

MRS PAGE WAS A VERY NICE LADY. I LOVED HER SO MUCH I HAVE KNOWN HER SENCE I WAS A LITTLE KID.WHO IN THE WORLD WOULD HURT A NICE LADY LIKE THAT.I HOPE THEY GET WHO EVER DID THIS TO HER.SHE WILL BE MISSED SO MUCH BY ME AND MANY OTHERS THAT KNEW HER.MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO HER FAMILY…. LOVE TASHA

6. Kathy Howery says:

What a terrible tragedy. It is really scary to think something so awful could happen in such a peaceful community. Her family will be in my thoughts and prayers. This is just so scary and so sad.

7. Wendy and Sidney Baldwin says:

Such a horrible tragedy. I also had the pleasure of knowing Mrs. Page while attending Rockfish Elementary, as did my husband. What a truly wonderful person!

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Page family. She will be missed by the many “children” whose lives she had such a positive effect on.

8. I am shocked at the news of this tragedy! Mrs. Page was a sweet and wonderful aide at Rockfish in the years that I attended. She was also a sweet and loving grandmother and always spoke so lovingly of her family. I am just disgusted that someone could be so evil to have done this. My thoughts and prayers go out to Mrs. Page’s family.

9. Sherry V. Dunaway says:

I attended school with Glenn Page and heard many nice things about his mother from those who knew her well.

My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

10. Serrena Becerra says:

I am in total shock over this horrible news,,This lady Mrs. Page was such a wonderful, caring person. I know she will be truly missed and our hearts, thoughts and prayers are with her families. I am praying that justice and answers come soon! As a community lets come together in anyway we can for Mrs. Page’s family to have closure. One thing we all know she is in a WAY BETTER PLACE (heaven).

11. Concerned person in Nelson says:

I too knew Opal what a tirrible loss, such a wonderful person….she was a great asset to Rockfish school….

12. [...] Nelson County, Virginia On May 7, 2009 Opal Page of Afton was found murdered in her home. Police say 19 year old Christopher Meeks is one of the Nelson County men responsible. Thursday [...]