Wintergreen Resort – Nelson County, Virginia
“The snow making crew has cranked up the snow guns and white, fluffy snow has been falling. A beautiful white carpet has started to blanket the mountains,” says Dana Quillen, VP of Marketing and PR at the resort.
Dana says snow making will continue as colder than normal temperatures are predicted through the end of November and into December.
The Plunge tubing park will open for the Thanksgiving weekend beginning on Friday, November 28, 2008.
As we have been telling you in our custom daily weather, temperatures at our NCL-Wintergreen Nature Foundation site have been well below freezing for the past two days. Overnight readings have been as low as 12° recently. And, daytime highs have held in the 20′s.
For the most up-to-date information on snow making plans, visit www.wintergreenresort.com.
“The projected opening date for ski runs across the mountain is December 12, but could be earlier,” Dana continues.
- Wintergreen : Snowmaking begins at Wintergreen Resort!
- Wintergreen Resort’s New General Manager Readies For Job
- Wintergreen : Light dusting on top of Wintergreen : Light snow begins in Rockfish Valley @ 9:08 AM
- Wintergreen Resort : Ski Season Officially Opens
- Brewing Starts At Devils Backbone In Beech Grove