Nellysford – Nelson County, Virginia
As we first told you back in June of this year, The Nelson BOS voted to lower the speed limit on another section of VA Route 151 between Route 6E and Nellysford. In December of 2007 a portion of 151 north toward Greenfield was lowered from 55 MPH to 45 in response to one of the deadliest years in traffic history along the winding rural two highway in Nelson County, Virginia. An outcry from citizens prompted changes to the highway built decades ago.
Prior to the most recent 45 MPH speed limit change, drivers traveling south on Route 151 toward Nellysford would be in the 45 MPH zone until just past Martin Store Substation, then the speed limit would increase back to 55 MPH for a short distance, only to drop back to 45 MPH as you entered Nellysford.
The newest change now makes Route 151 a consistent 45 MPH from just north of Bland Wade Road near the area of Afton Family Medicine and Five Star Health & Fitness, all of the way south into Nellysford, Virginia
- Nelson BOS Votes To Lower Speed Limit On Other Parts of Route 151
- BREAKING : Route 151 on Brent’s Mountain : With Photo : OPEN Cleared
- Breaking: Saturday Morning Fatal Car Accident : Route 6 near Route 151 : Updated 9:48 AM EDT : 9-16-07
- BREAKING : AMHERST / NELSON Line on Route 29 South : Traffic Being Diverted : UPDATED
- Faber : Tractor Trailer Accident Shuts Down Route 29 S Near Route 6E